WP 5 Summary Overview of Printers Testing Oct. 2016
The EEPLIANT activities will concentrate on confirming compliance to the VA requirements based on the ENERGY STAR v2.0 specification for imaging equipment. Products that are both known to be within scope of the VA and have been used by the VA signatories to meet their coverage targets have been selected. EEPLIANT WP5 activities will include both document inspections and laboratory testing on 40 printers.
So far the EEPLIANT WP5 activities have progressed in a number of areas:
• A list of products known to be used by manufacturers to meet their VA targets has been developed;
• The products to be considered for documentation checks review have been selected;
• WP5 members have requested the documentation from the relevant manufacturers;
• Two WP5 members have purchased products ahead of testing (20 products total);
• Final contracts with the test laboratory have been signed.
Please read more about the types of products that will be test and the next steps in the work of EEPLIANT WP5 here.