Work Package 2: Reinforcing Best Practices
Scope of action
The first objective of the Work Package 2 (WP2) "Reinforcing Best Practices" is, as its name clearly states it, to reinforce the Best Practices developed and implemented throughout EEPLIANT 2014. As per consequence, all the Member States involved in this Joint Action are encouraged to use common methods, protocols and checklists.
EEPLIANT2 is also an opportunity to develop further this "Best Practice" approach through their development and the joint adoption of product specific "toolboxes" containing guidance, common methods, protocols and checklists.
Best practices guidelines for market surveillance authorities were first developed by PROSAFE in 2008. The EEPLIANT projects build upon this effort by including in these guidelines the Energy Labeling and Ecodesign legislations.
- The legal base: Directives 2009/125/EC and 2010/30/EU;
- How to set up national market surveillance and inspection programmes;
- How to select products for inspection, including risk assessment;
- How to identify EEA-wide product model numbers;
- How to conduct documents inspections;
- How to conduct compliance verification laboratory tests;
- Lessons learned;
- How to enforce the provisions of the regulations.
All the Market Surveillances Authorities (MSAs) involved in EEPLIANT2 are part of this Work Package. They are from the following Member States: Austria, Bulgaria, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, The Netherlands, Portugal, Slovenia, Sweden.