Work Package 6: Space and Combination Heaters
Scope of action
The Work Package 4 (EEPLIANT2014) developed and carried out document inspection, screen testing and full scale testing of space and combination heaters under 400 kW covered by the COMMISSION DELEGATED REGULATION (EU) No 811/2013 and COMMISSION REGULATION (EU) No 813/2013. Individual models selected for verification were selected on a high risk basis, and with the aim to cover the relevant market share in individual countries and across the EU.
Results and Impacts
Results for individual models were shared among the surveillance authorities across the EU, and legal action was taken concerning the non-compliant models. The overall results of the documentation inspection, screen testing and full scale testing activities were made available here upon the completion of the individual activities. Please note that the individual model related results are available through the Knowledge Base portal (for Market Surveillance Authorities only).
A new heater or water heater comes with an energy label showing its energy efficiency class. For individual products, ratings go from G (least efficient) to A++ (most efficient). It is also possible to buy a combination of technologies, such as a boiler with a solar hot water storage tank, in order to reach an A+++ energy efficiency rating.
- A consumer guide to energy efficient space heaters en fr nl
- A consumer guide to energy efficient water heaters en
- EU energy labelling regulation for space and combination heaters 811/2013
- EU energy labelling regulation for water heaters 812/2013
- Heaters and water heaters: energy label templates
- Energy label generator
Ecodesign requirements are mandatory for all heater manufacturers and suppliers wishing to sell their products in the EU. The regulations set requirements on energy efficiency, nitrogen oxide emission levels, volume for storage water heaters and heat losses from hot water storage tanks.
- Manufacturers guide for heaters and water heaters
- Tool for calculating the energy efficiency of packages of heaters, water and combination heaters
- EU ecodesign regulations for heaters and combination heaters 813/2013
- EU ecodesign regulations for water heaters 814/2013
- Harmonised standards for heaters 2014/C 207/02
- Harmonised standards for water heaters 2014/C 207/03