Work Package 7 – Concerted market surveillance action for product group “Air conditioners and Comfort Fans”
Work Package Leader: Ministry of Economy, Entrepreneurship and Crafts, Croatia
Work Package Coordinator: Austrian Energy Agency
Scope and Objectives
The action is based on the EU regulations in place. The core objectives of the work package are summarised as follows:
- Assessment and use of screening methods to enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of market surveillance actions;
- Checking product compliance based on document inspection;
- Checking product compliance based on product testing;
- Check of compliance for online labelling;
- Feedback and recommendations from experiences with document inspection and product testing to support the further development of standards and legislation. Identification of circumvention issues;
- Impact assessment for the action.
Approximately 47 (32 models in a mix of single/double duct and split air conditioners and 15 units in the category split air conditioners) product models shall be tested with the intention of a roughly equal share of models between Market Surveillance Authorities.
EU Legislation – Energy Labels & Eco-design
This Work Package is dedicated to a comprehensive market surveillance action for the product group air conditioners and comfort fans, subject to:
- Commission Regulation (EU) No 206/2012 (Eco-design);
- Commission Delegated Regulation (EU) No 626/2011 (energy labelling);
- Commission Delegated Regulation (EU) No 518/2014 (labelling of energy-related products on the internet).
- Setting the focus of the action;
- Product screening to enhance the efficiency of the action;
- Document inspection;
- Inspection of online labels and product information stored in the EPREL database;
- Product testing;
- Enforcement measures;
- Impact assessment;
- Digest of issues from inspection and testing.
11 Market Surveillance Authorities and 3 other organisations from the following 11 Member States: Austria, Belgium, Croatia, Germany, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Portugal and Sweden. Please note that Portugal withdrew from this Work Package as of 31.07.2021.