PROSAFE will be appointing a market research agency to help us deliver our requirements under the Energy Efficiency Compliant Products 2018 – EEPLIANT3 Concerted Action.
EEPLIANT3 is a pan-EU Concerted Action on market surveillance aiming to achieve impacts in line with the objectives of the Horizon 2020 Work Programme 2018-2020 Secure, Clean and Efficient Energy. The project is funded by the European Union under the Horizon 2020 framework with a duration from June 2019 until May 2023.
It is essential to gather information regarding market information, market segmentation and market trends, in order to sample relevant products and to assess savings lost from underperforming products. Particularly, by the end of EEPLIANT3, to help with calculating the impacts of the project – energy and financial savings – from the work undertaken.
The objective of this Concerted Action is to help deliver the intended economic and environmental benefits of the framework Regulation for Energy Labelling 2017/1369 and Eco-design Directive 2009/125 by increasing the rates of compliance with them. This will be achieved through the coordination of the monitoring, verification and enforcement activities of MSAs and other organisations across the Single Market plus Turkey, and through further enhancing their knowledge, skills and experience.
The individual work packages (WPs) in this Concerted Action that will require market research data will address:
- WP6 New challenges and emerging issues - one product type TBC
- WP7 Air conditioners (single/double duct and split air conditioning units)
- WP8 Tumble dryers
- WP9 Water heaters and storage (to include fossil fuel boilers, electric boilers, heat pump boilers, solar boilers, storage tanks)
- WP10 Ventilation units
- WP11 Lighting products
- WP12 Local space heaters (domestic and commercial models)
- Re-cast Call for Services - date 26.02.2020;
- FAQ: Questions List for the Re-cast Call for Services - date 13.03.2020 (updated version);
- PROSAFE General Conditions for Tender;
- First Call for Services - date 22.11.2019 and FAQ: Questions List for the First Call for Services - date 11.12.2019